Wednesday, June 3, 2009

My second Love.

I love Lisa first and formost. I cherrish her and the kids above all other things. However, the close second is my garden. Every day I walk in the door, give Lisa a kiss and then I head out the back door to the garden. I am seeing everything in full swing. The peas are forming pods, the carrots, onions and lettuce are pushing through and begining to grow fast. The watermellons and cantalope are sprouted and potatoes are big and green. It is without question the best garden ever. I am most excited about the 42 sweet corn plants. If each plant gave me 4 ears that would be 168 ears of sweetcorn! The only thing I have not planted is squash. I decided that since everyone else grows squash and has so much they can't give it away I would not plant any.

The exciting thing is my salad. I have 12 spinich plants and we have been having a spinich salad almost ervery night. I just go out and pick some leaves off each day and throw them in. I am so excited to get some peas on my salad from the garden. That will be awsome! Any time anyone wants to come see me show off my garden just come on over. Just a word of warning. Lisa is jelouse of all the attention I shower on the garden so it might not be a great

2 comments:

JBarker said...

Ha ha! So is there a big gap between your first love and your second love? Could that be the key to Lisa's discontent? Have you tried carrying Lisa out to your garden and then kissing her amidst the glory of your garden!?!

Regarding spinach salad, that's great. We usually have that and it's stellar! My favorite spinach salad recipe is:

+ Spinach leaves
+ Diced tomatoes
+ Mandarin oranges
+ Chunk pineapple
+ Ranch dressing
+ Roasted sunflower seeds

It's awesome! Good job on the garden!

Shad and Brittany said...

I love that spinach you gave us. I made a salad two days in a row with it! So delicious!