Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Good family fun.

Yesterday I took the family to Payson Lakes for a day trip. There was no camping just a drive up there for the day. It was a lot of fun. We did some fishing but did not catch much. However the worst day fishing is better then the best day working so it all worked out good.

we set up our stuff on a nice little line of the shore and grilled hamburgers and hot dogs. We also did a peach cobbler that was really good. But hey how is cobbler ever bad.


The raft was a big hit. I got a good workout rowing the thing all over the lake and today I can feel the muscles I used. I took this shot is of Lisa and our niece in the boat having a nice ride.

Here we have me and 2 of my nieces going out for a ride.

Krislyn wanted to roast a marshmallow so when we were done with the coals from the cobbler she put a marshmallow on a stick and roasted it over the coals. She ended up standing in the coals and melting the bottom of her shoes. We asked her about it and she said "Yeah my feet were getting a little hot."

Adam and his cousin Kyle out on the raft.
I would recommend this trip to just about anyone. It is about a hour and 20 minutes drive and lots of fun. In order to get there you go south on I-15 to the payson exit. You will see a flying J as you go under the freeway. The road you are on is Main St. Take it about a mile to 100 north and take a left. Take that about a half mile to 600 East. The intersection of 100 north and 600 east is on a little hill. Turn right on 600 East which I think has a sign that says Mount Nebo scenic Loop. Take this about 12 miles up the mountain to the turnoff for the lake. The first turnout takes you to the lakes and the second one takes you to the camp grounds. It is a pretty place and makes for excellent camping as well. It cost $7 for a day permit per vehicle. I would also recommend taking your bathing suit. It is a little over 7,000 feet and on a warm day you will want to go for a swim.

No comments: