Tuesday, November 25, 2008


This week we celebrate Thanksgiving and I am looking forward to a great dinner. My mother-in-law can cook like nobody's business so I am really looking forward to it. However, more importantly I get to take time to really focus on what I am thankful for. I have never been to the impoverished and war torn countries of Africa, the slums of some of our South American neighbors or any of the other place in this world that house the less fortunate. I know that everything is relative based on what we are used to, but I can not help but think about the fact that God gave me what I have simply by sending me to the home he did. All of my blessings started on the day I was born. I have received many more blessings since then but none so great. How grateful I am to God for my birth. How grateful I am to him for my parents as well as Lisa and the kids. It is easy to take so much for granted but for at least this week, I will focus on these things and be forever grateful for them.

No comments: