Friday, May 30, 2008

Daddys little girl


So I came home this week from work and Lisa told me that Krislyn, who is currently 3, had something to tell me. She was all excited. One of our friends kids was over, he is 4 and his parents had gone to a funeral and Lisa was watching him for them. Well, evidently he had got himself alone with her and wrapped her in a big hug and planted one right on her lips. At first she was supprised and shocked but then I guess it hit her what it was and she began to grin ear to ear. Yes my 3 year old was kissed by the neighborhood bad boy. (Well he is actually a sweet little boy but I'm sure you see my angle.) When she told me I said "Did you slap him?" She got a puzzled look on her face and just kind of stared at me. I then said "Next time a boy kisses you just give him a good slap on the cheek. Well her little eyes filled up with tears and she began to cry. She said "But Dad he is my friend." She then ran into her room and would not be comforted for a good 15 minutes.

Dad is insensitive. I admit it but what is a guy to do. Some boy comes along and kisses your little girl? I gave her hugs and told her I was only teasing about it (Yes I lie to my daughter too.) I told his mother that I would be forced to introduce him to my shotgun if he tries anything else. Oh the joys of being a father. After 4 boys I have come to realize that girls are indeed from a different planet then boys.

4 comments:

Jim Anderson said...

Yeah, news travels pretty fast. I heard about that all the way down the street just 'bout as soon as it happened. Boy what a jerk. And it is so sad that your little one has already lost this precious jewel of the first kiss, and at such a tender age.

I am just glad we're bringing up our little girl 'proper.'

Leslie :~D said...

Yup... I have 3 girls, two of which are the same age as your two oldest boys! It gets much worse, those neighborhood bad boys aren't as innocent in their motives when they are 15 as they are when they are 4! Good luck and God Speed!

Hawkeye said...

First kiss at 3? This could go in several different directions...

1. Got to 1st base at age 3...going to be a great softball player!

2. She has a way with boys and this is her first trophy...she'll be moved out by 15.

3. It was innocent, she will be fine and I have to worry about my girl and the boys in a year and a half...sigh

When can girls start playing comptetitive softball? And do you want to go to Sportsmans for lunch?...cause I need shotgun shells.

JBarker said...
This comment has been removed by the author.