Tuesday, May 26, 2009

You are nothing.

A friend of mine at work gave me this link.

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/2706/spaceb.jpg Be sure to click on the image so it is enlarged.

As I looked at it I could not help but think of God's conversation with Moses in Moses 1:30-35

30 And it came to pass that Moses called upon God, saying: Tell me, I pray thee, why these things are so, and by what thou madest them?

31 And behold, the glory of the Lord was upon Moses, so that Moses stood in the presence of God, and talked with him face to face. And the Lord God said unto Moses: For mine own purpose have I made these things. Here is wisdom and it remaineth in me.

32 And by the word of my power, have I created them, which is mine Only Begotten Son, who is full of grace and truth.

33 And worlds without number have I created; and I also created them for mine own purpose; and by the Son I created them, which is mine Only Begotten.

34 And the first man of all men have I called Adam, which is many.

35 But only an account of this earth, and the inhabitants thereof, give I unto you. For behold, there are many worlds that have passed away by the word of my power. And there are many that now stand, and innumerable are they unto man; but all things are numbered unto me, for they are mine and I know them.

Upon reading this I also thought about the promises of the lord in 1 Corinthians 1:9 and I can not think of anything that this world has to offer that would compete with what he offers.

9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

When I read these things and look at the pictures that I did it makes me sad for those who's God is their own strength and wisdom. I consider myself to be at least moderately intelligent but my knowledge compared to Gods knowledge is like the size of the earth compared to VY Canis Majoris. When one comprehends this it is a humbling thing.



No comments: