Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Almost is the same as not quite


My Dad used to have a saying of "Almost is the same as not quite. I had a little taste of that yesterday morning. It was April fools day yesterday so I did not post as I am sure there would have been lots of people thinking it was an April fools trick.


If you will remember my post last October, in compatition lifting you do a deadlift, squat and benchpress and then add your totals. Yesterday morining I tested myself to see if I could lift 1,000 pounds in those three lifts. I had an almost but not quite moment. I did a 350 pound squat, a 255 pound bench press and a 370 pound dead lift. I had hoped I could do a 390 pound deadlift and a 265 pound benchpress but nothing doing. It was a disapointment but hey at 38 years old 975 pounds aint to bad. It was also a nice improvement from last time.

No comments: