Friday, January 2, 2009

Arizonans in the snow.

On new years day I took the family and went sledding. It was a lot of fun and for a bunch of people who are from Arizona it is a new and exciting thing. Everyone but Krislyn loved it. She just happened to be in one of those moods where she was not going to enjoy or try anything. She finally tried it and was loving it but when we got close to the bottom of the hill she figured it was going to fast and started to cry.

Lisa was our only accident. There was this storm drain at the bottom of the hill about 18 inches by 18 inches. We had the whole hill in front of her. I talked her into going down the hill as she was a bit nervous. I pointed her sled and gave her a push. Of course it veered off course and BAM she hit the pot hole and hurt her butt. She was hobbling aroundfor a day or two in pain. I felt bad and it put a damper on the rest of the day. Maybe she is bad luck I mean after all she did go camping with me in June last year and it snowed on us. Oh well, I will keep her around anyway.

The day was a lot of fun. I only had sleds but my sister and her family were there as well as my brother Dennis and they had tubes. I way prefer tubes over sleds. It is a lot softer ride down the mountain. I do not like the tubes when you have jumps and bumps though as they have no control whatsoever. All in all I will have to go do the sledding thing again.

1 comment:

Cassie said...

Sounds fun! Funny thing is...Daniel called our house looking for sleds, and we were going to do the same thing to your house. I figured if anyone would have sleds it would be the Stock boys!! Glad you found some! Save some snow for us next time!