Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Great Concert.


Last night I went to a really good concert. I attend the Mormon Tabernacle choir concert "Music for a summers evening." There were 6 or 8 performers prior to the choir who did a great job. It is nice to hear good music. I have seen the tabernacle choir many times on TV but never have I experienced a live concert like this one. I sat in the old Tabernacle about 15 feet away from the men in the upper level. Between the choir and the pipe organ they shook me in my seat. When they sang "Oh though font of every blessing" it sent chills up my spine. Nothing compares to it. If you go to LDS.org you will find a schedule of events at temple square. I would recommend the experience to anyone. It was one of the more rewarding experiences of the year. (Sorry, I still would rather catch 60 fish but it was right up there.)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm glad you had a good time. I love seeing and hearing the choir perform. Not only are they good, but it gives you another reason to be proud to be LDS.